Anti Bullying Champions
Anti Bullying Champions!
"Be A Buddy Not a Bully!"
Our Anti-Bullying Mission at St Michael's
Our school is a place where everyone feels safe and accepted and has a sense of belonging. All staff, children and the local community will work in collaboration to prevent all forms of bullying. At St Michael's we “value the uniqueness of every person in our Catholic Christian Community, realising that every one of us is created in God’s likeness.”
We will not tolerate bullying of any kind by adult or children. We believe that:
- Our Christian faith teaches us that each person is made in the image of God and therefore bullying is unacceptable.
- Pupils develop best in a secure and safe environment.
Work together to help those children who experience bullying at school.
At St Michael's the children also agreed that our mission would include the following:
We stand up for each other
Everyone is treated fairly and equally
Be more inclusive not exclusive
Be kind and help others
Be mature and respect others
Be a good listener
To build good relationships with others around the school
Roles and Responsibilities
Our Anti Bullying champions will take their role very seriously and ensure that they:
Help spread the ethos of anti-bullying across the school and in the community.
Make sure they are aware of what bullying is and how we can tackle any issues of bullying in a fair way.
- Ensure that all children understand what ‘bullying’ is
- Ensuring that pupils know what to do if they are being bullied or know someone else who is e.g. go to teacher, Anti Bullying Champion.
- Setting up Peer Mentoring, Anti bullying ambassadors or similar schemes
- Ensure that Anti bullying week (or friendship week) is celebrated, that pupils are involved in planning activities
- Promoting positive friendships and healthy relationships
- Giving students a voice on bullying and prejudice issues e.g. via school council and Anti Bullying meetings
- Bullying on social media – originating from outside the school – and how to respond to this
Meet our Anti Bullying Champions!
year 1 Patricia and Rose
Year 2: Diego and Khushi
Year 3: Ocean and Keiyara
Year 4: Orlaigh and Calli
Year 5: Shalom
Year 6: Enzo
We have been carrying out some work on anti bullying this week and some children took part in “odd socks” day on Monday to show that we are all different and we should celebrate one another.
Each class has an anti bullying champion that any of their classmates can go to if they are worried about something or children can also use our worry boxes to post their concerns in.
We do have a very open atmosphere here as the children know that they can approach any adult or peer in the school if they have worries and that these will be acted upon.