St Thomas' Class
Teacher: Mrs Dix
Teaching Assistant: Miss Rance
St John's Class
Teacher: Mrs Dada
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Osei
Summer Learning Activities
1) Keep a weekly diary entry of what you have been up to remember to:
-use the past tense
2) Create a poster on how to stay safe in the sun
3) Create a leaflet on a place that you visit this summer. It could be another town, a theme park, a water park, or a swimming pool.
1) Create a rap to remember your 3, 4 and 8 times tables
2) Create a game, like Monopoly, that uses your maths skills to be able to move on
3) Using a recipe that you have used this summer, work out how much of each ingredient you would need to make it for 10 people, 15 people or 30 people.
1) Create your dream garden, this could be by making a picture or getting materials to make a mini garden.
2) Write a prayer to God, asking him to keep us all safe this summer.
3) Write a wish list for what you would like to do when you are in year 4.
26th March - Wear Blue to School for CAFOD
1st April - Last day of Term 4
19th April - First day of Term 5
29th April- Year 3 Parent Consultations (Appointments TBC)
28th May - End of Term 5
7th June - Start of Term 6
23rd July - End of Term 6
Every child is expected to read for at least 20 minutes per night and have their learning journal signed by an adult to show that they have read. House points will be given for daily reading at the end of each week.
When your child has finished reading a book, they will complete a STAR reading quiz to check their understanding and comprehension of what they have read.
Weekly spellings will be given on a Monday morning and will be tested every Friday. Please encourage your child to practice and use them in sentences to help with their understanding of the meaning.
In year 3, their target times tables are to know and recall their 3s, 4s, 8s times tables along with the 2s, 5s and 10s from previous year. Please encourage them to practice this daily. Below are some of the links to help with this:
This week in Collective Worship we looked at the scripture John 6: 30-35. We discussed Jesus being the bread of life and what he meant and how can apply this to our daily lives.
27/05/2021 - Collective Worship
"The First Shall be the Last and the Last shall be the First"
Today in our assembly, we discussed the parable of Jesus in the book of Matthew 19: 23- 30 and discussed what Jesus meant in the parable.
Term 6 Overview
Please find attached our termly overview for Term 6.
Jotter Learning Platform
At St Michael’s we subscribe to Jotter; the learning platform designed with primary schools in mind. Children are growing up in a fast-changing online world and we strive to ensure that they gain the essential skills both within and beyond school. Teachers will keep you up-to-date with your child’s learning. Your child will be able to download and upload work and complete tasks. There will be pages where much of what you see has been created by the children themselves. This is their chance to shine as they write content and collaborate on research.
Jotter gives children the opportunity to explore concepts such as wikis and blogs in a safe environment. We hope you enjoy using Jotter as much as we do. To log in please type in your child’s username and password. To obtain this information please speak to your class teacher.