Parent Governor Vacancy
Please find below the forms for the position of Parent Governor. You my also request these via e-mail or as hard copies from the school office.
School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school’s aims and policies.
Governors work with senior leaders in the strategic development of the school and in raising standards of achievement. Duties include setting the school’s vision, aims & objectives, approving the school budget and appointing the Headteacher.
Governors must both support and challenge the Headteacher, so need to gain an understanding of the school’s overall performance in order to explain its decisions and actions. They do this by attending regular meetings, carrying out school visits and meeting with senior leaders. They also attend training in order to keep up to date with the requirements of their role. Governors work as a team and make collective decisions.
Why does the school have a governing body?
The school has a Governing Body to ensure that it has the capacity to improve and raise overall standards.
Ofsted considers the governing body to be part of the leadership and management of the school. However governors do not manage the school. That is the job of the headteacher and management team. Governors are there to be “a critical friend” to the headteacher and the school.
The Governors achieve this by:
- Receiving information about the school’s performance and comparing it with past performance, national averages and ‘similar schools’
- Contributing to the school self-evaluation process
- Establishing where the school’s strengths and weaknesses are
- Deciding the priorities for improvement
- Discussing and approving the school’s targets and timescales
- Ensuring that the school has a School Improvement Plan (SIP) that sets out all the actions to be taken
- Monitoring that implementation of the SIP, largely by receiving reports from the head teacher
- Evaluating progress and achievements
Mr D Coleman
Mr B Grimes
Mrs K Sexton
Mr M Bialek
Ms G Manchard-Green
|Mrs R Smart||Staff Governor|
Mr J Forman
Mrs S Phillipson
|Clerk to Governors|